Best Hair Extensions To Apply & Remove Easily At Home During COVID-19 Outbreak
How To Start A Hair Business Online With No Money & Inventory 2020?
How To Find The Best Reliable Wholesale Hair Suppliers (Vendors) In 2020?
How To Start A Hair Extension Business (Own Hair Weave Business) Online Or Offline?
What Is Capless Wig (Basic Cap Wig)? Get Know Its Features & Benefits
My wig is tangled! Don't be surprised, this is normal. Even the natural hair that grows on our heads losing moisture may become dry and easy to detangle, not to mention the human hair of wigs which have lost their donors or artificial synthetic hair that have no donors at all. Let's face it, at some point, your wig, toupee or hair extensions, even if they are of high quality, will start to tangle after a while. Before throwing your old tangled wig or extensions in the trash, try the following tips and little-known tricks to untangle your human hair lace wig and synthetic hair wig!
How To Detangle Synthetic Hair Wigs?
Synthetic hair wigs are perfect for changing your look for a day or when it comes to dealing with temporary hair loss for health reasons. One problem with most of them is that knots and tangles are very common. Detangling a wig is not as easy as detangling natural hair. Synthetic wigs are more difficult to brush since they are made of naturally dry materials unlike our hair which has natural moisture making it easy for us to comb it. You can't use your natural hairbrush to spread the tangle on your wig. Instead of trying to remove them by brushing them as you would with natural hair, take some specific steps to end the problem.
What You Need For Untangling A Synthetic Wig
- The bristles on your hairbrush can ruin the synthetic hair on your wig. What you need is a wig brush.
- It would be easier for you to do the detangling process if you place the wig on a canvas head or a wig stand. This makes it easier for you to take control of the wig.
- You will need a wig detangling spray (fabric softener) for more severe tangles. These sprays are available at wig stores and cosmetic stores. This preparation is actually a detangling lotion and at the same time, a conditioning treatment.
Follow The Steps To Detangle Your Synthetic Wig
- Mix four parts water with one part fabric softener in a spray bottle. Work with the mixture on a mat or towel, as it can cause chaos in your apartment.
- Hold the spray a few inches from the wig and spray it on the wig as you do the following process.
- To begin detangling, use your fingers to comb the top of the wig. This prevents any breakage on the strands of the wig. Your hand can control the wig easily with each other with the strokes you make.
- Using a wig brush, start brushing the tangle on the underside of the wig. Work your way up. Perform brushing gently and carefully.
- It is good if you do the detangling process inch by inch. This technique may seem like forever to finish, but this is indeed the quickest way to untangle the wig.
- Repeat the process until you have finished untangling all sides of the wig. Place the wig on the wig stand and let it air dry.
How To Untangle A Matted Human Hair Lace Wig?
If your human hair wig is extremely tangled, it is usually due to excessive dryness. Since the hair is no longer attached to the donor scalp, through which it received natural hydration, it is normal for it to dry out. And because they are dry, this hair will usually fall in excess, become tangled and matted. If you follow the steps detailed in this article, they will help you untangle a wig and keep your hair soft and healthy, smooth to the touch.
Step 1 - Start By Untangling Your Human Hair Wig
Sometimes a tangled wig is just that: a wig full of damn knots. It takes patience and dedication, but thanks to a wide-tooth comb, a half-full glass of water (for those times when you feel tired) and of course, optimism, an old wig can find a second youth with an industrial disentangling.
- To reduce the friction between the strands (which stretches the hair and breaks it when you untangle it), mix conditioner with water in a sprayer and spray the hair before you start.
- It may be easier to divide the hair into sections and spray/untangle each section at a time.
- When you reach a knot, use your fingers to loosen the knot before continuing to untangle it with a comb. Once the weaving is properly untangled, you can move on to deep care.
- A wide tooth comb instead of a flat brush will prevent breakage, especially if the hair is wet. Always start by untangling from the tips and gently work your way up to the roots.
Step 2 - Revive Your Human Hair Wig
If deep care is an essential step in any hair routine, it is one of the most crucial steps in the resurrection of dry and matted wigs and extensions. Skip this step at your own risk. The deep treatment opens the hair cuticles and allows the hydration to penetrate deep into the locks, bringing the softness that your wig had in the past. In the idea of reviving it, we recommend the use of a silicone-based shampoo and a coordinated conditioner. Silicon-based works because it wraps the hair with water-soluble silicone, which makes it soft, smooth, and reduces knots. It also gives them the shine of natural hair, like real hair! New wigs and toupees often have a layer of silicone when new, and that layer deteriorates as you wash them, making your hair dry, tangled and felted. Coordinated conditioner more or less replaces this layer of silicone.
- Wash your hair with Silicon shampoo twice to make sure all the grime and dirt is gone.
- Towel dry the hair and continue with the conditioner. The product should wrap each strand of hair.
- Check that the locks are saturated, because now is not the time to be tight.
- After applying the conditioner, use a wide-tooth comb to distribute it evenly across the hair.
- Leave the conditioner in place for longer than the 3 minutes recommended on the product! Also you can leave it overnight, or at least two hours, covered with a shower cap
- Then rinse it off with cold water. The hair always comes out so soft and silky, it's fantastic!