How To Remove (Take Off) Your Lace Front Wig Properly & Safely?
Best Wigs & Hairstyles For Different Face Shapes Wig Style Choosing Guide
Top 5 Popular Human Hair Wigs (2020) - JVH Best-Selling Lace Wig Hairstyles
Hair Growth Guide: How To Make Your Hair Grow Faster & Longer?
How To Avoid Itching With Wigs & What To Do If Your Human Hair Wig Itches?
How To Wash and Care For Your Sewn In (Taped In) Hair Extensions?
To ensure that you can enjoy your valuable hair extension for as long as possible, we recommend that you learn how to properly wash and maintain tape in hair extensions. The better you take care of your extensions, the longer you will enjoy them, especially high-quality live hair extensions.
By using hair extensions, you can conjure up incredibly long and thick hair, hide an accident at the hairdresser's, experiment with new colors without harming your own hair, even just want to shine in special occasions like a wedding!
How Long Does A Hair Extension Last?
Usually, due to the very high quality of the raw human virgin hair, extensions can last up to six months if properly cared for. This also depends on how quickly your own hair grows and how well your extensions is cared for. You can also style your hair extension as normal, this would effect the last time as well. Of course, human hair extensions have to be washed and cared for regularly so that they shine and look healthy. However, you should not treat them with the same care that you use for your natural hair. Here are the wash & maintain tips so that your hairstyle brings you maximum satisfaction.
Human Hair Extension Wash (Shampoo) & Care For (Maintain) Tips
Even if your fingers itch to wash and style your dream hair, you should allow your hair extension and the joints to rest after the application. Because hair extensions with microrings are less sensitive than tape extensions, for example, microring extensions can be washed after 24 hours. You can wash tape in extensions for the first time after 48 hours at the earliest.
How Often To Wash (Shampoo) Your Hair Extensions?
Not too much, not too little care! Basically, your human hair extensions have to be washed and cared for as well as the rest of your hair. However, there is one important difference: the hair extensions are not connected to the scalp and are therefore not supplied with moisture and nutrients via the sebaceous glands. So you run the risk of drying out, becoming dull and lackluster. That is why special shampoo is important. In addition, you should not wash your extensions too often - ideally only twice a week, and never more than three to four times a week.
How To Wash (Shampoo) Hair Extensions?
You have to wash your human hair extensions regularly to remove dirt and residues. In contrast to natural hair, there are a few things to consider when caring for it. Keep reading to learn how to shampoo your hair extension properly.
How To Wash (Shampoo) Hair Extensions?
- Before washing, hair with human hair extensions must be carefully disentangled by hand and then properly tidied up. With a special extension brush you brush your hair from the tips to the hairline. This is how you carefully loosen small bumps and prepare your human hair extensions for shampooing.
- There should be no silicone, no oil or alcohol in the shampoo so that the extensions last a long time. Ideally, use a special shampoo that was specially developed for the needs of human hair extensions.
Wash Human Hair Extensions Properly In Steps
Quickly shampoo on your hair, then a short cure - and you're done? Not so fast! Careful hair care is the be-all and end-all. Here's how to wash your extensions:
- Step 1: Always start cleaning by thoroughly combing your hair with a special brush. Arrange the bonds so that your hair falls in its natural direction. Do not wash them overhead, otherwise the strands could become hopelessly knotted.
- Step 2: Use a silicone and alcohol free shampoo for washing. Massage the shampoo gently into the scalp.
- Step 3: It is best to only shampoo your scalp and natural hair, the shampoo will run over the extensions when you rinse it out anyway.
- Step 4: Thoroughly rinse out all care products with water, otherwise care residues will accumulate in the hair, which can cause itching.
- Step 5: Gently squeeze out excess water with the towel. Do not rub or rub the hair extensions, not even when drying with a towel.
- Step 6: Finally, rearrange the bonds and then run your fingers through the hair and then again with the brush. To avoid stressing your hair unnecessarily, let it dry before combing it out.
- Step 7: Do not go to bed with wet or damp hair to avoid matting and knots.
Wash & Care Tips for Permanent Extensions
With permanent extensions, you wash your own hair with the extensions attached and only have to follow a few care tips:
- Do not wash with hot water
- Do not wash overhead
- Use only non-alcoholic shampoo
- Special shampoo for extensions is best suited.
- Apply mask and hair tip fluid after washing
- Do not rub when drying, just knead carefully to avoid knots
- Avoid contact with salt water and chlorine water
Since the real hair extensions never come into contact with your hair root, they don't get greasy so quickly. At the same time, they do not receive all the care substances, which is why you should definitely help out with suitable care products. If you follow the washing method for the hair and always handle the extensions carefully, you will enjoy your beauty hair for a long time!
How To Care For Your Hair Extensions When Styling?
Of course, you can blow dry, straighten and curl your hair extension as usual. So that your extensions are not strained by the styling, there are a few things to consider.
Blow Dry Hair Extensions
When blow-drying, make sure that the connection points do not become too hot. Tapes and bonds are particularly damaging to hot air from the blow dryer. Always blow dry with medium heat, do not hold the blow dryer in one place for long and never blow dry overhead. Only when your hair is almost dry can you shape it with the round brush.
Smooth an d Curl Extensions
Always style your hair only when it is dry. Make sure that the flat iron and curling iron never come into contact with the connection points. A temperature of 180 ° C is completely sufficient here. A heat protection spray is mandatory for extensions.
Sleep with Extensions
So that your dream hair does not become a nightmare: never go to bed with wet hair. Brush your hair thoroughly before going to bed. Tie it into a loose braid, high bun or side braids to sleep to avoid knotting and matting your extensions.