Best Hair Extensions To Apply & Remove Easily At Home During COVID-19 Outbreak
How To Start A Hair Business Online With No Money & Inventory 2020?
How To Find The Best Reliable Wholesale Hair Suppliers (Vendors) In 2020?
How To Start A Hair Extension Business (Own Hair Weave Business) Online Or Offline?
What Is Capless Wig (Basic Cap Wig)? Get Know Its Features & Benefits
How To Remove (Take Off) Your Lace Front Wig Properly & Safely?
Lace front wigs are essential wigs, thanks to the existence of lace, which mimic the scalp naturally, so it is imperceptible. It sticks to the scalp and has a perfectly natural look. In the previous article we’ve presented a detailed guide on how to install a lace front wig, while today we will help you learn how to remove lace frontal wig from your head by minimizing the adhesion to the hair and without ripping out edges.
Steps and Tips For Removing Lace Front Wigs Quickly and Safely
How to remove the wig correctly and safely without damaging the lace wig and hurting your scalp? Here are the specific steps:
- Preparation - In order to avoid confusion and any damage when removing the wig, we need to make preparations in advance. You need to prepare the following equipment and ensure that all related tools are available:
1) Hot water - Hot water helps remove glue without causing any irritation or unnatural reaction.
2) Lace Front Solvent - A solvent used to soften the adhesive, which can effectively loosen the glue adhesion and help reduce the chance of wig damage when the lace front wig is removed. Lace wig supports a variety of solvents, but if you don't want extra budget on this, you can also use acetone or alcohol (isopropanol) as the most commonly used chemical to remove the adhesive. You can also choose a safe and mild petroleum jelly or emollient oil, how to use these solvents, we will tell you below.
3) Cream or emollient - After removing the wig, you need to use any moisturizer or lotion or any kind of emollient oil on your head and forehead to help soothe the skin that has been stretched during the tightening of the wig before lace.
4) Q-tip, make-up applicator or small brush - used to apply solvent or alcohol on the front and rear hairline.
- Tie Your Hair - In order for you to see the lace seams clearly and to prevent the degreaser from touching your wig hair, tie your lace wig from the front of the lace or full lace wig and then It is fixed on top of the head.
- Skin Test - Before using an adhesive or solvent (such as a hair dye), test your skin's sensitivity to the adhesive or solvent. Apply a small amount on the inside of the wrist and cover it with a clear plastic wrap for 24 to 48 hours. If an allergic reaction occurs, immediately remove the adhesive or solvent and discard this solution.
- Apply Solvent To Soften The Adhesive - In order to soften the glue or adhesive so that you can easily remove the lace front, you need to patiently apply the lace wig solvent or chemicals. To effectively remove the glue from your wig, you can use the following methods:
1) Use a special solvent for lace wigs - the fastest way: spray or apply the wig degumming agent to the glue area on the forehead, and then repeatedly massage with your fingers or cotton swabs. A special glue solvent ensures that you remove your wig quickly and efficiently, but you need to prepare extra expenses for this.
2) Use warm water mixture - the gentlest method: add a little salt or soda (tea tree oil or olive oil) to warm water, put it in a bottle with a spray head (shake the water and mixture well), and spray it on the edge of the hair. After putting on a shower cap and standing for 5-10 minutes, you can easily remove the lace wig. Warm water and mixtures do not cause any allergies, except that it is time-consuming, this is the most gentle method for anyone.
3) Use alcohol or acetone - the most common method: use a bottle to spray alcohol or use a cotton ball to pat alcohol on the edges of the hair system. After putting on a shower cap and standing for 5 minutes, try to remove the lace-type hair and avoid pulling it with too much force or it will damage your lace wig. This method is fast and saves money, so it is widely used, but alcohol has a certain irritant, sensitive skin, and pregnant women with caution.
4) Use petroleum jelly or emollient oil - the safest method: petroleum jelly or emollient oil can remove steep lace top glue. Rub some petroleum jelly or emollient oil on the lace wig and hold it for a few minutes. Then wipe off vaseline or emollient oil with a wet towel. You need to repeat this step several times to completely remove the glue.
- Remove The Lace Front Wig - gently drag to wipe more solvent in the resistance area. Keep doing this until you feel that the grip of the wig is reduced enough to pull it away from the skin. You must first carefully pull a small part of the wig, use your fingers to grab an area from one side to the other to make a methodical tear, and gently peel the lace seam from your face. Care must be taken throughout the process to prevent the tearing of delicate lace.
- Remove The Remaining Glue From Your Wig and Wash - After removing the wig from the head, place it on support to facilitate maintenance, and maintain its shape. When removing the wig for shampooing and cleaning the hair and scalp, the excess glue around the root of the wig should also be removed with acetone. Pour 100% pure acetone into a plastic bowl and place the glued area into the liquid. After the remaining glue is peeled off, clean and maintain the wig in the correct way, then stock it in a special hair extension packaging boxes.
- Clean and Care For Your Face - After most of the glue is used up, you can wash your face with soap and water to remove excess glue left. You can also use olive oil to soften the glue on your skin and then apply it to any glue with your fingers. Vaseline is a safe, gentle option to remove permanent marks on the skin.
Lace front wigs are not only beautiful and natural but also require much less maintenance. If they are properly taken care of, they can be used for a long time, so they are popular and become the most popular wigs. There are many colors, styles, textures, and lengths for lace front wigs available on Justvirginhair.Com, or you can customize it according to your needs. You can customize them according to the style you want, or you can dye them to any color you want.